Sunday, July 12, 2009

Again...again...again...again...is Herb Brooks at fault?

Friday was the two-week mark since my last bout of coughing blood. That was actually the longest stretch I've had since this whole thing started in April. I think we were all thinking that maybe, just maybe, I was starting to heal and that the end was in sight.

How wrong we were.

Last night, it started up again. About thirty seconds after my head hit the pillow, I heard a gurgle in my chest and up came the blood. Sleep after that was near impossible.

I am so disgusted, disappointed, frustrated, and angry that this is still happening. At first, the docs didn't want to do anything because any intervention is possibly life-threatening. Now, they want to send me to Toronto to see if something can be done, because apparently three months is really long to still be bleeding (no kidding). Part of me likes the idea of getting this thing fixed so that I can go back to work, but another part of me is scared to death because they could end up killing me in the process and I'm just not ready to kick the bucket.

Then again, who ever IS ready...?

No comments:

Post a Comment